Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hugs And Kisses


My 2nd "Happy" card was fun to piece together. The "You Are My Happy" Close To My Heart My Arcylix stamp set is SUPER versatile and useful. 


For this card I used pattern #23 (rotated) from the Make It From Your Heart Vol 2. I then used Frosted grey CS for my base and the diamond pattern from the Frosted paper pack. I also used Sorbet and Slate CS. I stamped the sentiment "Hugs Kisses and Best Wishes" from the "You Are My Happy" stamp set and the large flower twice. I also used the faux stitching from the Stitch Wonder stamp set on the patterned paper.  I then inked the flowers with Exclusive Inks makers: the light shade of Cranberry, dark shade of Honey and dark shade of Lagoon. Now, I could have cut the flowers out using my Cricut and the Art Philosophy cartridge, BUT I had to fussy cut. Now, don't get me wrong, I use my Cricut all the time to cut out my stamped images, but sometimes, I just can't help myself and I have to grab my micro-tips and go to cuttin'! 



Here you can see the different shading and blending I did the the markers and popped those flowers right on up. To embellish I used the Silver Glitter paper (I could have also used the Silver Shimmer trim) Then I added grey opaques and Base and Bling Floral accents

OOOXXXXX!


1 comment:

  1. I love your color combo, Sherry. Your fussy cutting is perfect and so is your coloring.

    ReplyDelete