Monday, January 7, 2013

Real-Life

Happy New Year everyone! 2012 went by so fast with many ups and downs along the way. I'm looking forward to what 2013 will bring! I hope you all are ready for all the triumphs that 2013 brings you! 

I've already started my year out in the most remarkable way. For the next 12 weeks my church is studying The Real-Life Discipleship Training Manuel, by Jim Putman. I've also been reading the book that corresponds with it.


 This book has not only challenged me in what I am lacking in my spiritual walk, it has also stirred up my lack luster creativity. When your spiritual life gets in balance everything else does too! After working through the 1st week and reflecting on my spiritual journey, I thought that it would be good to journal my journey.So I am creating a 6x6 album and make a page per week as I complete the training manual. While I'm learning how to get equipped in making disciples, I will also be reflecting it with my creativity.

The first week is about having a heart to make disciples and finding out where my heart is. 


I used Slate as the cardstock base with the Flirty B&T paper pack and Sunset  cardstock. I followed pattern #17 from "Make it From Your Heart" pattern book by the most talented Jeanette Lynton. I cut the title out of Cocoa cardstock using the Artiste cricuit cartridge. I cut the flowers from the Flirty  flower patterned paper and added the sparkle flourishes for the bling I need. Then I wrote all around the edges, Matthew 28:18-20 (Jesus came to them all and said,"All authority in heaven and earth have been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.) I also included the referenced scriptures throughout the 1st week. 
  
 
I hope you come back and journey with me for the next 12 weeks!

1 comment: