Saturday, January 26, 2013

Creative Journaling


Time to share some more from my creative journaling.  Week 1 and 2 of my journey - opened my eyes to my mission and my heart as well. As the title states, I had to take a look at the state of my heart. It's hard to see, but I wrote all the scriptures from that weeks lesson around the border. I've never been a fan of my own hand writing, but I like the look of it for this endeavor.

(If you want to look them up here they are: Mt 28:18-20, Jn17:4-9, Rom 10:14, Mt 16:15-18, Rom 12:4-8 and I Cor 12:14-20)


Then in week 2 it asked what a disciple is. I thought I had this week down. Of course I know what a disciple is. I became one almost 30 years ago! But this lesson broke it down to not only explain what a disciple is but who a disciple lives for. That's the key. Who do I live for...myself?
So I kept the layout simple, just like the message. Once again I used my own writing to keep things consistent and it helps me to remember the points and scriptures.







I continued used Avonlea Teal and Slate as the 6 x 6 cardstock base from the Avonlea B&T paper pack and Anvonlea Teal and Avonlea Off-White exclusive cardstock (which is included only in the Avonlea paper pack). I used a variation of pattern # 7 and followed pattern #17 from "Make it From Your Heart" pattern book.I embellished simply with Opaque pearls and cut designs from the Avonlea paper. I cut the lettering and the shape using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  

Please share any inspirations you get from this. Whether spiritual or creative - I'd love to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment