Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Busy Elf

I've been a busy elf! This Holiday season is just as busy as all the others. For some reason I thought if I started earlier I wouldn't be so busy...not so. But that is half the fun. All the hustle and bustle.

I've been working on my Christmas cards and my Christmas presents that I'll be giving this year and got completely distracted and I forgot about "The 12 Days of Christmas" on Tim Holt's blog! I always try to spend some time and re-create a few of my favorite tags.

Here is Tim's tag from Day 1...



Tim's tags challenge me every year to create outside my comfort zone and learn some tips and techniques that my brain doesn't come up with. The biggest challenge for me is to create a tag using CTMH supplies (because I have so many). I can mostly do it. A little tweaking and I can usually do it.

Here is my interpretation...


This tag is from Day 1 and I must say it was very labor intensive, but well worth it. It took me a few tries to make the pine cones. I also had to wait overnight for the Glitter gel to dry.




Visit Tim's blog and be inspired...



Supplies: Art Philosophy Cartridge; Glitz glitter gel, Red and Silver, Studs Glitter Glue, Vernis; CTMH CS, Tim Holtz Snowflake Folder; Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint, White embossing Powder; Prisma Glitter; My Acrylix stamp set Father Christmas (D1449); Sanding Block, CTMH ink, Desert Sand; Chocolate Waxy Flax; Sparkle brads; Heirloom Assortment Dangle jewel

1 comment:

  1. You did a fantastic job! Tim's stuff is far too labor intensive for me.

    ReplyDelete